On Saturday 4 November the municipal administration of Lovere will hold celebrations for National Unity and Armed Forces Day.
On this day it is our duty to remember the fighters and fallen of the First World War, with the hope that their sacrifice will serve to strengthen our sense of belonging to the national community based on the principles of peace and freedom, today enshrined in the Constitution and guaranteed by our Armed Forces
09:15 | Piazza Tredici Martiri
– wreath laying at the Monument of Freedom and remembrance of the Loveresi fallen in the Risorgimento wars; followed by a procession towards the Park of Remembrance and Peace;
09:40 | Parco delle Rimembranze e della Pace
– placing of the laurel wreath on the notes of Silenzio;
09:50 | Sacrario dei Caduti
– flag raising, followed by the national anthem;
– laying of a laurel wreath to the tune of the Leggenda del Piave;
– commemorative speech by the Mayor;
18:00 | Church of S.Giorgio
– Holy Mass for the fallen of all wars and for peace.
The ceremony will be accompanied by the sound of the trumpets of the Lovere Band and will take place even in case of rain.
Text taken from the event flyer