The parish church of San Marco is the largest religious building in Foresto Sparso and it’s located along the main road of the town. The churchyard is situated on a base which dominates the area. This parish church is subjected to a protection law by the Ministry delle Belle Arti to preserve all the Art works, especially Fantoni’s. The laying of the foundation stone took place on April 18, 1673 and it was consecrated in 1692. The two side arcades were built by architect Berlendis in the mid-nineteenth century. The interiors are richly decorated with polychrome marbles, plaster and gilding. Remarkable is the decoration with plaster work in the sacristy.
Credits: the_field('crediti'); ?> endif; ?>