Conti Calepio Castle

The present castle, overlooking the Oglio valley and next to the fortified town of Calepio, is standing on the ruins of a former Early Middle Age fortalice. The current building’s structure was built by Count Trussardo Calepio in 1430, due to the need of defence during the wars between Venice Republic and the Duchy of Milan. Calepio Counts were both politically and militarily supporting the Serenissima’s expansion throughout Bergamo’s territory. Further additions (especially during XVII and XVIII centuries) converted the castle from a military garrison into an elegant residence. From 1849 the castle belongs to a Charitable Institution.

Iniziativa realizzata nell’ambito del bando Wonderfood & Wine di Regione Lombardia e Unioncamere Lombardia per la promozione di Sapore inLOMBARDIA

Privacy Policy | Cookie PolicyPrivacy preferences • Progettato e sviluppato da Linoolmostudio Marketing Turistico

Accessibility Tools

  • Content scaling 100%
  • Font size 100%
  • Line height 100%
  • Letter spacing 100%