The monument dominates the summit of Mount Guglielmo at approximately 1950 metres of altitude, intentionally built on the mountain at the beginning of the 20th century as one of the twenty (one per century) monuments to the Redeemer erected on Italian mountaintops. Works were conducted by the father of future Pope Paul VI, Giorgio Montini. The chapel was inaugurated in 1902, twenty metres tall with a large iron cross which, afterwards abandoned in ruin, was reconstructed in 1967 upon the wish of Pope Paul VI. A bronze statue was raised beside the small church in 1998 in his memory.
Credits: the_field('crediti'); ?> endif; ?>